Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALL IN THE RED

duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
out of 50 shares on my watchlist, only 1 is green. what does you watchlist say?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
only 10 stocks on the entire market are green.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I will trade you one red for your green.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
haha, its only on my watchlist, i don't own it.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
this is very much reminding me of 1998. Has been for a while.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
and then what happened Simon?
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Is reminding you of 1998 a good or bad thing.I was in std 7 in 1998 ,so dont have a feel for it.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
relentless selling as we're seeing at the moment. It was the emerging market crisis started by Russia defaulting on debt. Market just went down day after day after day. I remember just being stunned, convinced we had to have a decent bounce, but any bounce lasted a day or three at most. Ultimately the Top40 lost some 40% (I do not expect to see 40% down from the Oct highs). And then the market recovered back to the pre melt down level within 18 months.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
1998 was the year of the Tiger (chinese calender) Tigers, considered to be brave, cruel, forceful and terrifying, are the symbol of power and lordliness. In ancient times, people usually compared emperors or grandees with the tiger. Court officials often said that 'accompanying the emperor is just like being at the side of a tiger'. There are also many legends on hunting tigers dealing with struggling against evil might.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Simon - of the Top40, How many have lost at least 30% from their all-time highs? I have an analysis running that 30% of the Top 40 are now bearish.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
three of mine in the stockpicker competition are green,at the moment,how ever i would how ever not buy now. GBG,DMR and MTZ!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have only 1 top40 stock off 30% since the high on 11 Oct - IPL. 9 have lost between 20%-30% and 12 lost between 10%-20%. Only one = 10% green is HAR.
0 Kudos