Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALMI market makers

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there are now a bunch of market makers (apparently 4) .. Currently the ALMI spread is tighter then the ALSI spread .. tis good ..
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
grommet
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
See the day ended with a spread of 36 points!
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the market maker inside the ALSI spread has gone .. now ALMI same spread as ALSI ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
at 10 times the cost - and lack of liquidity means you can pour your stops down the preverbial drainpipe
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
liquidity issues fading fast .. Friday saw 1742 contracts, today already over 500 ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hmmm - number of trades, I quess would be the correct measure here - since folks would probably be buying bigger blocks of contracts? Still - I stand corrected - those are significant improvements
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
deals 1178 on Friday, today 250ish .. it getting there .. a price cut for trading costs would be the final thing to push ALMSI to 10k contracts a day ??
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
what about reducing the initial margin on ALSI futures for day trades?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree, a brokerage cut is needed on the ALMI contracts, because you are basically paying 10 times as much as you would have for a ALSI contract
0 Kudos