Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALMI

Levitt
Regular Contributor
300 Volume for the day! Less than a month ago, just before the ALMI became available to us OST members, Simon reported volume of the prior day of just 65. It's growing everyday!
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, and soon the market maker becomes obsolete as traders are inbetween the market maker ..
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Saw there was a big order at 24900 - 100 futures.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
can these ALMI contracts be rolled over, or do they expire at the given date.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
also i see they say its based off the top 40 but when you go to the chart it gives you the ALSI chart, should i rather look at the top 40 chart?
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
I follow the TOPI. Most probably rollover would be allowed + brokerage, not 100% sure though.
0 Kudos
Nessy
Contributor
Could have been cheaper buying 10 ALSI instaed of 100 ALMI (they are basically the same and brokerage is per contract). They expire the third Thursday of every quarter, but rolled over on the morning of the close out. There is a nice document "Futures Index Trading" under Help and education on the main menu.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Futures Index Trading - I checked and could not find it. Please be more specific.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
It's under SAFEX Index Futures.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Oh sorry, the document is under Help&Education then under Futures, it will be the first one dated 03Aug.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an today only 86 traded ..
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
The day's still young...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ahemmm - Should I should I not. That ALSI document that you mention contain 6 examples. Compare example 1 with example 3. Identical, but example 3 loss you money! Ahem, somebody is sleeping on the job. Whoop-de-doo
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dude .. either you owe me a case of warrick, or I been drinking way early .. how are they identical ?? entry ad exit points different ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
299 already today .. confirming that retail clients are traditionaly net long ie - buyers ..
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
how do you figure their long i when short the almi does that not show in the volume?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, but we see a more volume on the up days then down .. and sure every trade is a buy and a sell (market maker skews this) ..
0 Kudos