Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI Down...

Not applicable
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
Was just abput to ask the same. Yanks and Asians finished green....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Baie, baie snaaks...verstaan dit nie.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Bear market maybe?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Profit taking possibly.... not that we've had too too much green this week but guess any green is better than last week
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Johannesburg - Local markets are primed for a fourth positive day in a row on Thursday, thanks to gains on US, Asian and Australian markets overnight. So says RMB Asset Management's Wayne McCurrie, who spoke to Chris Gibbons on Fin24.com podcast AM Stock Take on Thursday morning. Producer price inflation figures are also likely to have an impact on the JSE on Thursday, as they are the last bit of inflation data reported ahead of the SA Reserve Bank's interest rate decision next week. "Everyone is expecting a rate cut. The question is will it be by 50 basis points or 100 basis points,"says McCurrie.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Bottom line... we retaced 50% almost to the point.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think could still see green today
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't think so, looks like we're heading down. Will have to wait for the FTSE at 10h00 to show the way.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Dow/S&P futures down.
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
Who knows why? Who cares why? Where are the first and next support levels? If your positions move below that, react accordingly.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err cause we are in a bear market? listening to the talking heads last night...the SA ones are the worst...they should all be taken out and shot...what business do they have talking of the end of the decline... if u were a surgeon and completely threw away your text book and said no...I don't believe in all this proven medical theory *****...if my patient has diabetes Ill just put him on a high sugar diet...thats whats wrong with him...he doesn't have enough sugar...have these blithering idiots not hear of Dow theory...higher highs...lower lows and all that very simple stuff....no we gotta give the poor patient more sugar...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip, my own stupidiy. Should have listened to the talking heads first. If they say the worst is over, and we're gonna have a green Thursday, you know there's trouble on the way...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
appart from dow theory, just consider how a fundamental analyst is supposed to put a target price on a share right now. I mean, we haven't even gone through all the 2008 reports yet, so nobody can even pinpoint the E in the PE ratio yet. And then you still have to forecast moving forward. IMO, there is no way a market can turn until we have clear consensus as to when global economies are going to come out of recession.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Everybody as expecting the US House to approve the stimulus package. So market went up. When it happened, everybody sold. Rule is buy on rumour, sell on fact. Also, the House vote was clearly split -not one Republican voted for the bill, but the Democrats won on numbers. Senate will be a harder nut to crack, me thinks..
0 Kudos