Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI Futures 28 Jan11

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Nice gap forming!
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
sponono
Super Contributor
do you see the Head and shoulders on the 5 hour chart. A close below 28200 would be bad news. I hope not.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
We still a little way off. The gap (15min chart) on the 25th might provide support or it might just close.
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
how much further do u think the alsi will drop before she rockets again?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
glad I cut my loss at 50 points loss. would be 400 points in the red by now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dont see why you would be trading against the trend right now. It is down and has been for most of the week. Why try beat Mr Market when you just have to follow him around. I went short last week on some stocks and made a fair profit when I bailed today. No reason to believe the red wont persist for a little while longer but interest etc was eating into margins so took the small plus balance.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HG, you still looking at this gap play? Seems we are in for a larger than usual and the gap is now a canyon...
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Nope been short for a while now, made some money last week - then messed things up again today! WILL I EVER LEARN!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry dude, that hurts like h3ll. Maybe you need to tame your temptations and go back to less short term risk and try some longer investments for a while to settle the bank balance.(your personality though wont allow for this, you are a definite A type hehehe ). This correction is offering some nice entries again on blue chips.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
HG,are you trading full time.Best to get a decent boring job that pays the bills, then you can TRADE part time without the pressure.Dont trade for a living, trade for FUN....
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
No such thing as trading for fun. Tried it and it didn't work. Meetings and work stuff gets in the way. As Simon says. If you're having fun, you're probably losing money. Been there, done that. If you're gonna do something, make a proper attempt at it. No half measures.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
So go to www.realchartist.co.za, join the chatroom, watch the video's and maybe you'll learn something.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Maybe if you just recognize that you've had your head so far up your @SS that you couldn't see the light that would be a good start. There is only one way of doing this and that is the right way. You've gone bust twice and now you trade on borrowed money. That sucks !!! Another site where you can learn something is http://www.alsi-trader.blogspot.com/ . SA's people trading indicies and they know what they are talking about.
0 Kudos