Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI Gap

3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Anyone trading the Gap? I'm just watching.
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
Rams
Super Contributor
entry for gap was 29055...i entered at 29060 at about 9.40
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
You have to trust the system (Gap trading) but I didn't as it clashed with normal trading system. Too late now to enter.
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
You have to trust the system (Gap trading) but I didn't as it clashed with normal trading system. Too late now to enter.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, so i trade the gap in another account. the engulfing was initially a short(no trade) and the gap was long. Or only trade the gap if coincides with your trending sysytem
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, high in first 30 minutes was 29005...Simons system...entry 50 points into GAP..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
first profit at 29160...100 poits
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an out at 190 ..
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Well done Rams. He who hesitates is lost.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so the coin was suspended in midair...now for that engulfing candle
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an also long from 160 in engulfing candle system ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah , the 12.30 had a 1 point diff between open and close
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
I find engulfing candles too difficult to trade. Use Simon's 7/21 moving average system - I trust it so it works for me.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
u using 7/21 on ALSI futures?
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Yes, but avoid trading when market moving sideways. I find system has 60% success rate so I don't trade every 7/21 trigger
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so when do you not trade because a sideways market is only retrospective so you could miss some positive trades..or is the timeout part of the rules you set up for the system?
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
A sideways market to me is when the 7 barely goes up through the 21 and then moves back down through 21 again. These 7/21 movements are too small to trade. Look at 31 May from 12pm to 3.30pm on 5 min chart to see what I mean. You can easily see this siseways pattern at the time and wait for a definite trend. I watch top/bottom patterns, indicators, trends and resistance/support. Entry is on 15 min chart and generally exit on top/bottom pattern or 7/21 on 5 min chart. DonÂ’t use price trading at 21 to exit.
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Hindsight!
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Yes I know. That's why success rate is only 60%. So what should I watch instead?
0 Kudos