Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI futures

Rams
Super Contributor
Anybody watching the chart...like paint drying...like grass growing...like Kallis batting...like
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Preston
Super Contributor
Rams, what book have you recently read?
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
then you log off for a few minutes, walk away....you come back Kallis has hit a century
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
with Kallis, not a few minutes...more like a whole day?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
watching it like a hawk!
Wondering if anybody else here is long?
Rules are rules, got to climb in, but not quite sure if this trade is gonna work out!
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Intrigued to know what rules indicated a long trade. Entire day looks short to me. Is it a trade before today? I do not have a trade on but am waiting for long signal.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My rules basically look at prices outside bollinger bands with a combination of stochastics using daily charts.
My entry point was then picked where there was high volume during the day and what looks like a reversal.
The system goes against the trend, like pullbacks, so its really not for everyone. But the most important thing I realized (cause Ive done a HELLUVA lot of testing recently) the most important part to the system is really the stop loss.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
basically your trying to pick bottoms, making it high risk, which means your stop loss is the most important crux of the system.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
4pm and still nothing happening...wonder if Kallis is also trading this somewhere...Now Cronje would have made a good trader, he had the black market..now howse that for credentials
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but stop loss is the most important crux of any system. maybe with your system, the discipline getting back in after being stopped out also important?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
def agree with you on the stop loss, and the discipline, no arguments.
You realize this when you take a profitable system, reverse the exact entry rules and still make profit from it...weirdest thing Ive ever seen.

Anyways USA open, ALSI getting interesting
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes...this is paint drying in the snow!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
...and the ping pong match continues,will we see a bounce today to close the gap? ..Maybe not, who knows.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
trend still down..still looking short though
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
paint has dried?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol, how low can she go..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
as low as wave 5 down according to elliot...counting from 12/11/2012...we in 3 down now and still 4 up to go(can close gap which incidentally is at the end of wave 1 down). If gap closes and trades above 33129, then this a correction from the 12/11/2012 and we go all the way up to take out the recent highs. If closes gap or does not get there and trades below 33129, then we go down wave 5....so down , then up then up or down depending on what happens at 33129...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ALSI in a puddle now...
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
1 more low to come around 670-650ish then a possible correction... imo
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
wave 4 ? gap close, 7 points short of 33129?
0 Kudos