Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI ouch

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
some oke (or okette) confused volume and price and offered almost 28,000 contracst for sale .. got done for over a thousand before they realised and pulled offer ..
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
pic of the ouch .. http://yfrog.com/gzwb5yfj .. I spotted the order with 26161 leaft, so over 1000 sold that needs to be bought back ..
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
Job hunting now i think
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Look at him trying to get some back..60, 50 ect.he is gona ramp it, or be without a job
0 Kudos
Not applicable
imagine explaining that to the wife!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
both .. in fact forget job, he's gonna be without everything .. say 1,000 contracts (it more but round number good enough) .. R10 per point leaves him losing R10k every point about 942 ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BTW thanks Simon for posting my pic I posted a few min ago on 88..he he
0 Kudos
Not applicable
interesting though, that there aren't any significant volume spikes to reflect the trade. So perhaps the JSE traded volumes not correctly reflected?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If he place the offer at a much lower price say 1000points down, he would flush the market right? but would that be seen as a mis trade..Simon?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
945 candle, did 1k more than previoud .. and largest volume candle over last 5 days ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, but not sure what miss trade rules are on SAFEX ..
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
he is now about +R1m down ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hmm, I have a hole in my data - missing data between 9:34 and 9:54. Wierd
0 Kudos
Not applicable
1Mil in investors money..not a private oke i think..hope he brought the vaseline to work if you know what I mean
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you likely to be right .. coz ay retail platform would have rejected the order due to not enough margin ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in all the excitement, did anyone get the gap close?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
looks like he may be out ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes bought 3 contracts at 27930 and took profit at 28100.Just in time.Lucky.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
180 pts for me too - 27910 - 28090. Problem is, that the ALSI gap is not closed - it still has about 100pts to go - but I work on the futures market, so am happy with my lot - and will take a break for the rest of the day
0 Kudos