Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI ouch

Not applicable
No he is not I'm afraid.. look at the bids starting to come in now at the 970 level
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaap i think u are correct.I think the alsi will be in a sideways move until us markets open.I am thinking that i must only trade in the morning and again when us markets open.I find that when in profit early and u carry on trading u loose it again in the middle section.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Christos, I got into the habit of documenting all my trades in an access database some time ago, reflecting date, time and a couple of other points - like classifying the trade etc. What I have concluded, is that almost 90% of my big moves came from morning trades. I very very rarely made big profits middle of the day - and my consistency varied greatly in the afternoon sessions (i.e. there where profitable trades, but my failure rate climbed significantly too). I concluded that, based on my own systems, mornings are the best. And - as a bonus - I get the afternoon off to go surf.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Een knoppie en jy's in jou moer !!! Poor oke. 28 July turned out to be a game changer for this poor fellow.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for the information.My problem is greed.When i have a winning trade in the morning i find it difficult to stay out.I am working on that.Managed to switch off and went to gym this morning.Do u have stats as to how often our market close the gap?Question- if your first trade in the morning is stopped out would u consider a new trade or is that it for the morning?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Christos, what you are dealing with is a classic problem severely overlooked by traders - the problem of drawdowns. Every trade you make has its probabilities of success or failure. So, with every trade, you have to anticipate drawdowns, where you are wrong 2, 3 or 4 times in a row. Now if you are trading 4 or 6 different signals in a day, then your drawdown potential increases significantly.You could end up being wrong 10 times in a row. Your system might say you are fine with this - but I can promise you that you are going to tilt mentally. It will take a serious 'man van staal' to pull yourself through that kind of situation.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
there is some irony that his fat finger was 28 000 on the 28th.. but shame por oke.. well if you dont have your fail safe checks in place bad things can happen.. how is it possible he di dnot have a maximum order size set! mind boggles and that was some okes pention
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skapie is jy in die gap?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no, was not comfortable with the setup
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am generally not fond of gap trading I don't like having my profit potential capped. So the trade has to be screamingly obvious. Yesterday we had an engulfing candle and a full gap - with both the FTSE and the FTSE mining index (which I use as my leading indicator for the ALSI) closing their gaps. Today is not really a gap, in my opinion - it is a partial gap - with a hanguva lot of mess from yesterday's interday price action to clear first, before we reach yesterday's close. And no obvious price action candles either. Not my cuppa tea. I am looking for a short setup.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Me stopped out at 27880.Profit of 70 point*2.Was also expecting more down at the open.Markets very negative.I think the short might be on now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That Idiot is buying back his contracts, how do I know, look at the depth screen, he be the oke hoping his 25ctx every few sec..
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
we'd laugh less if the market turned round and made him rich :)
0 Kudos