Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI top

sponono
Super Contributor
Gold and BATS jump. smokes and gold jewellery good when you are not employed?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where whould u close your short?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have seen it before where it slowly creeps back..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Start taking profit now! 61.8 fib overshoot
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cautions long..we bounced of trenline of larger channel..but trade with a tight stop
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am pretty much as tight as can be. Thanks Frost, good chatting. Do you only trade All Share? I have just started and it is quite tricky yet rewarding.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that was painful for the longs .. stop more than just missed, left on a different board .. ah well ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Trading those damn pesky warrants again are you?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what is take on leaving an open trade over a weekend on ALMI? Good idea/Bad. My position is moderate and with tight stop loss monday could bring new movements..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes thanks Frost.Closed just in time and went for a short long.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DO U THINK WE CAN GET INTO THE GAP?38 RETRACEMENT JUST BEFORE THE GAP.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well what does your system say ? can you leave positions over weekend ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nothing wrong with an ALMI as a multiday trading instrument. It is my instrument of choice too. If your system calls for it, go for it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cool, have to admit for me the ALMI is great, easy was to keep profits/losses small and trade the market. Well done guys!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hang on there a minute boet - it is a multi day trading instrument. You can't day trade with it. Please don't think that you can. It is too illiquid and expensive for day trading.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip I trade the Alsi only, I do trade other instruments for shares but not often
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I will not be short over the weekend..reason we dropped very hard already over 500pts, monday is a new day and plenty of time to re-enter..BUT will think of it if we push past 28500.. then 28350 comes into play then 28000 and so on.. doubtful that going to happen not today..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im really finding it hard to day trade especially since I trade the TOPDW warrants for what they offer. And also the PUTS arent as good as calls for me. If I dont see any potential up side, I doesnt mean theres a potential down, at least for now. I have profit with all the puts I've ever traded but I don't really know what scares me when the market is overbought or when some bad news come out, maybe its the market makers when they dont want to sell.
0 Kudos