Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI views/opinions

yadav
Contributor
guys any views on Alsi.. looking at FTSE going up and US markets also looks opening positive..
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
richardw
Super Contributor
Answer depends on the time, to be honest. I was long until about an hour ago. Will buy dips, tight stops, close position before end of day. Next opportunity for a Greek tragedy is when they hold a confidence vote on the president, could be this weekend.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think we tend to over follow others when they dont even look at us... Today I dont know why we went down that much, we have recovered over 1% (TOP40). Our indicators and their news do help me make some profitable trades. I wish they dont do as always today, opening high and closing low or flat.
0 Kudos
yadav
Contributor
Correct. I was long initially.. saw todays trade went short and then long .. markets seems to be doing opposite of what I think.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
15 min chart....mark high on 15 June as start of wave 1 down.....we just started wave 5 down( wave 4 was the long which ended at 38% retrace of wave 3)....divergence will signal the end of wave 5 . What do think Christos
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thinking we in wave 3 down daily graph.This mornings run wave 4 up of wave 3 down.Dont now whether complete.Then like u said wave 5 of wave 3 down(target 26820).Then bigger wave 4 up.(27800 +-).Then bigger wave 5 down to 25100+-.I was long but checking out first before re-enter.Think it will be wave 5 down to 26820.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
wave 5 down? maybe gap close on DOW
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
i see us in small 3rd wave down(5min) in bigger 5 wave down(30 min) in the bigger ABC corecction of wave 4 down in much longer trend up(weekly)with wave 5 up to follow
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Moody's outlook on SA debt not that possitive.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mark so u see the correction as a abc flat nearly complete and wave 5 up to new high just about to start?
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
I miss Fredsed.
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
On the 3 year weekly chart I still see us in corrective wave 4, but im not sure when wave 5 up will startA..the corrective pattern may not complete yetA.I currently have us in 1 of 3 alternative correctionsA..1) 3-3-5 flat(dj looks like extended flat) 2)descending triangle 3) Combination(335 flat W, 3 X, followed by a zigzag Y)A.A. today and the rest of week will let us know tho....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mooi so SHARKS.Mooi so STORMERS.Sorry BULLS.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good rugby this weekend, just the bulls playing like they on holiday..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bulls must put there old men on the bench like the sharks did with captain John.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja agree,they holding out till the world cup to retire i think.. did you see the line outs.. a disgrace no unity, like they didn't know what was going on..they also looked tired in the 1st half..but there is always next year
0 Kudos
plasma
Occasional Contributor
Bearish for now, but short term. Will remain as such until beginning of July. The European news is priced in for the most part. JSE hugely oversold, so expect a turn soon.
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
todays price action is leading me to believe that we may be experiencing a descending triangle...tomorrow will let us know...if not.. wave 5 down in correction Y, before starting big wave 5 up....
0 Kudos
yadav
Contributor
It seems ALSI is again going towards short trend.. what you guys think ?
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
yip descending triangle its.....big wave 5 here we come...
0 Kudos