Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI

Rams
Super Contributor
Christos I agree with you, Marc maybe right , but not yesterday (intraday) and I only trade ALSI intraday and my analysis related to a relaible pattern intraday. Anyway you would agree that one should not pre-empt the market and yesterday was not reversal day.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
A short is on the cards, we all expect that but remember the longest Bull runs are built on fear. Me thinks that Dow should reach 12500 before we see the correction but who knows....the price, she will tell us.
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
once the daily candel turns red...ul see that yesterday reversal day as clear as light...im not wrong yet(not on my system anyway) as have not been stopped out yet, and actually below yeterdays entry at the mom......im not a momentum trader
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ninja with all respect to u and Simon with your view "just trade the price"What if the price is range bound like this morning.A new trader following your advice would have been in and out about 5 times as price is moving in a range.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
It is a problem so I Just reduce the time frame , I go down to 1 min and 5 min chart, trade the price within the range..... or go fishing
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Okay, maybe we misunderstood each other then, we in different time frames. But why dont you just wait for the red candle and then go short?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
then you don't trade it .. I tarde trends so I want a trend, range bound is not a trend .. currently trend is more or less 29800-2900 .. wait for a break with volume to either upside or downside ..
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
ramzy why not trade longer time frames and make money while u fishing...the harder 800 struggles the more dramatic the break...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I agree Simon, range bound , its time to go fishing. So when you fishing you out of the market, you cant be long or short so you cant be making money while you fishing. I read the book you recommended in your course - "Come into my trading room"-like your other favourite (Mark Douglas)-lots of gems in there...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where can i purchase these books?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Christos, it is almost impossible to trade a sideways market.....if price/index is moving sideways you will typically see a number of closes above and below the 20MA, Momentum and RSI will be flatlining, no incline to your MA or bol bands. At this point you need to draw supp and res lines defining the channel that price is trading in. Once price breaks up or down and closes outside the channel enter the trade with an initial stop as a close back inside the channel. You could also wait for a retrace back to the breakout level which has now become support/resis and enter on a confirmation of that support/resis holding. You can also draw in longer term S&R lines and trade that breakout as a safer option. Hope it helps.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and there was the break, in the 11:30-11:45 candle .. had volume and was below range ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
back in range- time to go fishing again or wait for 15H30?
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
the bears want 670.....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Exclusive Books
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Did anyone catch a ride on the open of the Dow?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The thing about range trading - is that you need to take expected yield into account. You can only realistically catch 50% of a trading range - i.e. the top - bottom divided by two. So if you have a 200pt range, and you are using 50pt stops, then you might have a tradable situation - expecting to catch 100pts. If you are expecting to short - just try this exercise. Plot a zig-zag line on any timeframe. Look to see in which direction you have the longest lines. I promise you that if you have higher highs and higher lows - then the longest lines will be up. Conclusion, you might be able to short the down lines - but your yield will be significantly less than waiting for hte next up line
0 Kudos