Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI

manicks
Regular Contributor
With the announcement of the firm intention towards the resolution of euro debt and greek crisis by end of this month- is it still possible we can see another 10-15% decline on the ALSI as is the general consensus.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
sponono
Super Contributor
......what general consensus......this market trades based strictly on news. watch last week's episode of Traders Corner to get a feel of the volatility of this thing.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
manicks,if you trading don't look too far ahead or trade according to what you or the analysts think...let the market take you in and let the market take you out...don't try to take the market in and don't try to take the market out..eh , did that come out correct Simon?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, yes .. which means I can drink more and talk less :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
awesome ,that is quotable for sure - ranks right up there with ' the ternd is your friend, and its corollory, except in the end, when it bends). Who can we credit?
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Thank you all, im trying to determine which is the short term direction so i can trade in that direction. How can i do that? Can i use the major supp/resistance levels on the alsi to find turning points. Looks like strong resistance betw 31000 to 31500, perhaps one could short around here with a close stoploss
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
if your sysytem or criteria says short around there, then short.If you wrong the market will take you out...the market could still take you out if you right because stop loss is not related to market direction...
0 Kudos