Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI

BC02
Super Contributor
I HATE a directionless market!
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
sponono
Super Contributor
it's a waiting game: very, very hard.
0 Kudos
Great_ideas_guy
New Contributor
On a different day with these volumes and positive news from Spain and the US we would be over 1pc up. Someone has put a glass ceiling on the market! ALSI just wont breach 30000!!!
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
must be a scalpers dream market today, short @ 970, long @ 880, short @ 970....like clockwork (if you could predict those levels beforehand)
0 Kudos
Great_ideas_guy
New Contributor
I actually drew some lines yesterday and saw long at 297XX exit at 29940 every day for the past 5 days. meanwhile im holding on to a burning position that i entered emotionally at the peak
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
good luck with the emotional trade, the hurt always hurt the most.
I cant wait for this weekend anymore, taking 2 weeks off the market!! Havent been this keen to take some time off for a while. Hopefully when I get back things a bit more sorted.
0 Kudos
Great_ideas_guy
New Contributor
Yah I know what you mean. Separate emotions from trading.... I tried it this time. I was out of the market for two or so weeks then hesitated going with the trend for some time but lost it at about 4pm! Entered in the wrong direction. But thanks for the best wishes anyway.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also been sitting but entered when she was down and now just hanging. Seems like US and Europe are up nice today so maybe we see support being broken. So far looking like a possibility, buyers are strong!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
successful sale of spanish goverment bonds...is the start of a breakout or is this another shorting opportunity.Anyway if south africa was driving world markets , we be up from here on with all the good vibes : 70th birthday party,another wedding, malema...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hey Rams.Check the sp500 futures daily chart.It looks like we trading a ending diagonal with wave 5 up started.Target for sp500 1440 to 1450.Also chech the W formation on the sp500 futures 30 min chart.The W formation started a pullback i think to the neckline before going up again.so probably closing our gap before we also go up to new highs.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
...some bribery and corruption with the morning coffee, e-tolls and voila things couldn't be better...I agree except that you pay for all this.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i see your formation...what happens this week may give some direction. On daily ALSI/TOP 40 starting august 2010(big picture) and august 2011(smaller picture), I see posssible start of wave 5 up of 3 on both time frames which means , a bigger wave 4 down to come before final wave 5 up to new highs.
0 Kudos