Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI

Preston
Super Contributor
I really ,really do not like this market. If you look at the technical analysis of some of the financial and Industrial Stocks, it seems that the market is setting us up for a massive fall. Please note this is my opinion and not trading or investment advice.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
The rising wedge on the TOPI (daily, weekly and monthly) for eg.?. Do you see negative divergence on RSI, MACD and Stochastic?.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Yes, there will be a correction, like the ANC winning the elections, but by how much.....it makes more sense if you take a position ...., sell short, sell longs, trail the stops....I trail the stops, so I like this market.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
@Rams what time frame do you trade alsi and what is your stop trailing by? i find my stops to always kick me out sooner than needed to
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yawn again .. here it is again "Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections or trying to anticipate corrections than has been lost in corrections themselves." Peter Lynch
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Well if the share pirce charts look as though they are going almost straigt up, this means people have no fear and are buying regadless of price. One little trigger and its gonna be a massive blow to the downside........ sell at any price.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Trade weekly, daily, and 15 min ALSI.......by " trailing", i mean exiting at a stop moved into direction of trade....valu depends on time frame .
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i just start to build cash up so that when the correction comes i add to my long term positions at discounted values.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yikes. interesting.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
Preston-not sure y u so negative unless u have borrowed to invest??I love this market.i do not view market value as cash in bank-it is merely a value of the latest price paid for a particular share-an indicator at best of value but only at a point in time-it may go higher or lower.this is the time for me to take a bit of profit hereand there-get out of some shares I have lost confidence in at a decent price and increase my cash componenet.what is not to like.sure a correction will come some time who knows when and then it will be time to reinvest some of my cash-i c the market today as a good place to be-maybe my glass is half full_
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Well that short sucked.
0 Kudos