Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI

Mar-11
Super Contributor
im still longer term bearish...just think we will still see bounces..28600 odd wld not suprise me today... above that cld be prime shorting....
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Same as me. Long (or rather medium)-term bear but our market does like a bit of a bounce when it can get away with it. My average entry point is dropping but I'm still mostly long. If we go up again I'll happily short the bounces.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Let me rephrase that. I'm entering lower and also selling lower. When the overseas guys drop and we're faffing around, I'm shorting.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well I have just gone short on my system that doubled me up in March - April, but that has only given me net 200pts in the whole of May.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
so there was no system to me taking 100pts profit on that trade - not at all, just pure gut and the fact that I have taken consecutive bad beats in the last week on profitable trades that turned into losses. On that note, I think I will pack up for the day - at least until wall street opens.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I exited yesterday's long juuust before it dropped, picked it up again the bottom and I see your 100pts profit :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SP500 is trading a triangle(10 min chart),That is the reason why we also up and down all the time.Presently doing the d leg down.I am short aiming for 28140.I think sp500 will break out to bottom when us markets open.Target of the triangle 1270 for sp 500.alsi possibly testing 28000 then.For now in the range.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
UsA data at 2.30..Trade Balance and Unemployment Claims
0 Kudos
Not applicable
gap trade time..hold on to yer socks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HI, where could we open tomorow, im already out today... down or up and may the max we can expect from this gap. Im thinking of going back again?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Dow futures must brake the 12000 and then the 12200 for the ALSI to move up. If the Dow brakes the 12200 it can go to 13200.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Something really ominous about that Rounded Top Formation on the ALSI.The central Banks will pull the plug properly and then...much lower....they'll save us from Ourselves.= Usual Con,Different Year.Careful out there.As Zzzz gets ready for Gaaa !
0 Kudos