Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI

Not applicable
just wondering if anyone else see's an upside down h&s on the 15min ALSI futures? - Starting at 12:15 (13jan).
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, and also on daily and hourly(see sponono post)......all coincides with resisitance at around 29700 to 29800.......look at 60 min chart...do you see the double top?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I am long on the ALSI..already taken some profits and waiting for a move to 29700 and beyond...if it does not get there, would still be a good trade....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
some other indicators also pointing to long, hope the h&s reaches its target :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I could be reading some personal bias in this but on the hourly chart on ALSI is that a bull pennant flag?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
No, well could be. we still at the height of the flagpole...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
or do you mean a "forming" bull pennant?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
one that's busy forming now, the pole at 09-10am
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no, been sideawys before that...so no trend continuation...we in a range and with US closed , will probably close flat!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
got to 29700...now for beyond...
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Can be an Anniversary Ball developing a last waltz at double top @ target 30195. Will Mr Bowie then remaster the Man Who Sold the World?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
anything can happen and everything can happen and nothing can happen...it only matters to you when it happens if you're in it...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and got to beyond...29800
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
best not to argue just trade boetie
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
went long based on system....now out of market and just looked at the news tweets....lots of negativity still around Europe downgrades( and SA downgraded also} but ALSI closed 308 pts up...so what was the good news?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
now lets keep a piece of paper somewhere and write 35,000.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lets also keep one somewhere with a few point above 30200 as the high on alsi futures
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Hopefully. I added a short at 30165 just before close yesterday. I can see it possibly rising through EU meeting discussions, but sooner or later...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agree with you on the short, but just remember, the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
be careful - u run the risk of making yourself very unpopular agreeing with me
0 Kudos