Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AMS Ready to break out?

Not applicable
How many of you technical traders are looking at a possible break out for AMS. Lets see what you guys come up with Simon, im keen to here what you got to say?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
richardw
Super Contributor
Just note this page: https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/sp/profilem/sdth/data/001142/Forecasts.htm It could break out, but it could just as easily plunge into the abyss. I'd rather short the rallies.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
are you expecting an upside breakout? If AMS doesnt' get its head over R399, it will probably find itself sittin on its feet. omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
im really basing it on the fact that platinum seems to be moving higher, while AMS has just been standing still. My hope is it will break up, after a really good rally i might short it, or i'll be sitting with a loss if it moves the other way.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
AMS breached it's support base on Friday but closed above. The USD Index is just above resistance and threatening an upside breakout, not good for commodity prices if it happens. AU has a possible double top, while PT doesn't have much other than a near 0.25 fibo retracement that's met resistance from the old support base that was formed from around May 06 to Jan 07. I'm not sure I'd bargain on an upside breakout right now. Yep, maybe a cynical breakout because so many people are losing their jobs there right now and that's savings, right? Except, it's still the same management running the place, the guys who didn't prepare for lean times.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Hard for me to understand how CSSS rated mining analyst maintains AMS underperform (ok with that) but with a TP of R52/share - ie hurtle down a mineshaft from R384 now?? And off a high of R1480 on 20 May 2008 - WTF?
0 Kudos