Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AMS..up up and away

WR
Regular Contributor
Hope u all bought lots at R680 in November
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
sponono
Super Contributor
the waiting would have killed you. remember Livermore "it's the waiting not the thinking". time to buy is now. pivot point was R730 not R680.
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
for me it seems like less trades are better with the waiting. Dont do well in derivities, buy, hold sell seems to work. Plan is to do 3 tades at most
0 Kudos
StanleyB
Contributor
Went long with CFDs 17 Dec @ 658. Still holding some but would be in much better position if I did not sell most to protect profit 7 - 10 Jan.
0 Kudos
StanleyB
Contributor
I'm not up to speed with pivot points. Yesterdays close above the 200SMA that it failed to break thru +- 6 times since July 2010 will probably see it testing the 2010 highs - provided the rand platinim price dooes not tank.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just don't forget the time value of money. If you are following any kind of 2% / 6% of capital rule, and you are holding a stock that is stuck in a range, then for about 4 months now you will only have had 4% of capital to work with - since a portion of your capital that you are prepared to risk would have been tied up in a sideways trading stock.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Basically it's R810 resistance.Till then, just watch for Traffic Cops.
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
speed on no cops here. will pull a weene or Julias one if w get stopped
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
So now she's on a PE of 40. PGM's trading at 2 year highs Rapidly increasing costs, stronger Rand, wage negotiations looming and power and water supply problems around the corner. Then there is the mining rights grab and legacy low return suppoert of the likes of Anooraq.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I just had to write this down somewhere:"Like many other things about trading, what seems to make sense, just is't the case". Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone, page 63 last paragraph.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That's a fact. Just don't get caught on the way down.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R720 will be the test of it all.Resistance becomes Support ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well after a while away from the screens and freezing my rear off in Canada I am back to some actionable plotting.
Ahh yes one of my favourites, seems we are heading for 780/795 mark but watch for a dip to 720/700.
See you all on the low side in a couple of days then a stronger run-up to just under 800 again.
Just checking my facts and will watch what outlines then jump into the waters again.
0 Kudos