Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AMS

Russ
Super Contributor
Virilius,where are you?Are you going long now that ams is on support and oversold?
0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
Not applicable
Hi Russ.I'm going for a 1-price strategy on this one. Demand kicks in at R646 area.She likes that area since Aug 2009.## I'll pump at R650...(on a tail-down day)You know,AMS.She's a wild one.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I'm hoping for a decent close.If not,down she goes.Give my regards to Bob.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
She's edging closer.Weekly Bollinger Lower Band also gives a nice turn-clue in the R646 area.However, the 30-wk line is turning down and trapping price=Resistance.So, I have to respect that and use it as my sell area.a margin of R50 = 35% profit on cfd,potential.Quick in and out.###Yeah,good luck with yours.I'll put in a price tomorrow at R650.And keep my fingers off the keyboard after that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah...going for 80 cfds = R52000 exposure x 35%(approx) = R18 000 profit.## Sorry, have to go now...Alice just stepped thru the Looking Glass with my latest research.Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Could be NB !....61.8% Fibonacci Retracement of current rally, at R650 area.Good support.I like this Picture,yeah.R650.###I get my piece.Or I don't.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
VI, this baby is going to hover at the area you are targeting. I was short at 710 and will bail about 655. Then wait for the 640 strike to pick a long again. However the new eastern developments might trigger a small slump to 630/620 (small chance but is there). SO I will watch with baited trigger finger (not FAT finger ;-) )....Till we ounce.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CPS:R640 is the long-term Uptrend Line for Price.Hasn't failed there since October 2008.Hopefully the USA downdraft on Tuesday will see us open gap-down.AMS is notorious for her tails(up or down).Anyway ...here we go.Saddle up.It's a Rodeo ride.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
VI, yes and yes, just some chum in them waters but yes ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like AMS wants to bottom and go +R700....you naughty girl.I wanted you so bad at R650.However,hope springs eternal and no regrets. I'll just keep that line in the water for a while( till new short-term uptrend confirms).....Clink! it's Brewski Time.Wait and See.
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
Waite for 710 720 and go short
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GGG..hi.what system u using ? Me, I'm a little leery of shorting AMS.Although I see your point,short-term.Yeah, tight Stops and sleep well.Right ?
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
VI, you would keep AMS long? When would you leave it?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Don't get the maths.18 bananas profit on 80cfd's requires the share to go to 875 having bought at 650, that's before any costs. Fortunate enough to climb in at 676 two days ago on ssf, will start off loading from 705
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BoburUncle: Hi.## No,no...I'm waiting for a buy at R650.The reason I don't short AMS is simply, that it is in a Commodities Bulltrend.Hence, I buy on price-drops.= trading with the trend.Of course, one can short...but I'd like to hear some more from the traders who do.What system do they use ? MAs,Oscillators,Fibonacci,etc.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I trade AMS and others on intra-day movements; warrants only. I enjoy making a 1c/2c gain during day trends. I guess I make around 3-8% on every successful trade, but I haven't noticed the trough trend, on average; at what time do most shares reach a daily low? If I get this right I can make around 20% per daily trade.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
But if you are waiting for it to drop to 650, then why dont you short it down then long it when its there?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BoburUncle: The simple answer is...I have other CFDs I am playing. AMS is 2nd in importance.GLD is where I do my stuff.More of a swing-trader than an intraday guy.###As they say...."He surfs Highway,mate !" meaning? No fancy moves,just stands up and throws that Interflora pose,all the way to the beach.Have a good day....
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Ok cool, that explains it! Enjoy your day to, and the beach! Plan on going this weekend to weather permitting
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good time to go long very close.watch for drop to about R675 today then go long.
0 Kudos