Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AMS

vusi_1
Contributor
Can you believe it this share has doubled in just one year ???? This make me sad ... I even have the feeling that share will reach R1500 per share sooner rather than latter...
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
john_1
Super Contributor
Vusi They trippled there profits and the share price has doubled. you think that through.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
irrational exuberance!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and costs increased four times faster then inflation!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Now Simon you are just bitter 'cos it shines and glitters so you have been giving it a miss, I fully agree the last weeks move is hard to get ones head arround and it is sure to pull back after it goes ex div but the fact is this is one serrrrrrious cash cow.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
actually I do do PGM, just not gold (have plat wedding ring you see). And costs are not an immediate issue I would suspect, just a worry goign forward that when PGM prices are less exciting (and they have been exciting lately) the seemignly out of control costs are surely then gonna hurt big time?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Some advice please: I have some AMS instalments, the intention is to hold them until I can score the divs. What approach would you suggest to avoid losing due to pullback after ex div? Just tighten my stop-loss? or a quick sell after LDT?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
get ready for the roller coaster ride
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Mammon, I think Jaye's missing the mark! Generally when a share goes ex-div and the price falls, it only falls with the dividend amount. Sometimes a little more and sometimes (lately mostly!) with less of the Divi! So dont sell immediately. After LDT add up the share price and the dividend and compare to your position to see if you're losing out or not. In theory you should be square compared with the previous day.
0 Kudos