Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AMS

yrg
Frequent Contributor
Any opinons on the rapid decline in the last few days ? Are there fundamental reasons i.e. the last SENS, the strike ... anything else? Seems like its broken support - is it still worthwhile holding/getting in now?
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
Barry
Help needed here! Everyone still rates it a Buy, but should that rather be a 'bye.....??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HEPS - 40 50 higher ... expected more ... Talk of the day yesterday
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
BYE would be better,think some traders ar coining it on PUTS.Overseas traders probably taking fright on strikes and shutdown b.cos of safety issues.Costs have shot up as well.i don't know how many contracts are still out there i.e. selling PGMs off spot market,probably not as high as IMPs 80% plus but this can cause a drag as far as i know most were signed at prices below $1000 per ounce for goodness knows how long!PGM producers are cagy when asked about these contracts,although by law they are supposed to be open with their shareholders as they are public companies.BECOMING HORRIBLY OVERSOLD ,better to wait for the uptrend to be re-established though.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I think i learn't my first important lesson in my short trading timespan . ALWAY HAVE A STOP LOSS IN PLACE. I AM SERIOUSLY BLEEDING WITH THIS STOCK ,BARRY AND JOHN
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
preston, without an exit strategy (put in place before you buy) including stop loss and profit exit plan you will bleed to death. 100% certain.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, I wanted to keep this stock for at least 3 year, Everyday , more and more doubt is creeping in and i guess i am extremely close to the so called "Panic selling stage"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if you got a 3 year plan they why are you worrying about a 2 day move? That said was the plan just to hold for three eyars? Or was there a price exit (stop loss), or maybe an EPS point at which you sell, or a PE when you buy more?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, honestly , my exit plan was 3 years time, i had no initial stop loss in place as i thought that i was not necessary. Extremely wrong strategy, cos if that stop loss activated , i could have got more of the same stock at a reduced price. I guess i am still finding my own trading system, which You. Brazen, Gravy,John and Barry have long established. "By the way, Am i missing "something" between you and Brazen"
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just a T shirt and a Star wars costume
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
then I go back to my initial comment, if a three year view - 2 days of around 5% downside is surely a non issue?

me an brazen, not that I know of - (cept I often seem to miss it when people have *something* with me, and/or she hates bankers and seems convinced that my colleagues ripped her off).
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I guess you need to send Brazen , the standard bank T-shirt with its logo "Motivated, Inspired and Involved"
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Last time Ams produced a Trading update they surprised the market by being way above there caution, I have a slight feeling that yesterdays SENS was a little political and aimed just a bit toward the trade union negotators.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Remember ,i am also not taking into the holding cost associated with Holding these share.Remember, i am still a novice in this game.You guys have got a wealth of experience. To address Brazen concerns, if she feel an incorrect practice was done , she can always address this issue to the "Ombudsman"
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Could possible be the reasons, never though about that? John are you still holding AMS shares?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Absolutly, dont panic mate way I see it it is still in a bull trend 1050 would chalenge that, and at that price I would buy more. 40% is fantastic even if the market wanted more they just greedy. You compound 40% for a few years and see were you are. if the price drops really badly. if I was AGL I would try buy out the minows and delist the thing.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
John, if that goes to R1050, then i will buy even more. I have seen that the were multiply share buyback on AGL, which is actually in that share favour.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Now AGL taking it out would be an excellent idea,as its really laughable how AMS price goes goes up and down with the price of platinum on a daily basis.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Preston, despite the fact that Simone openly consorts with both dogs and bankers I am quite fond of him. Now, go catch up on your soapies and stop annoying me. Oh, good morning everyone.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Mrs B. What are you on about?
0 Kudos