Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ANC set to change workings of Treasury Dept!!!

DEP
Super Contributor
Quote: The treasury "did wrong things," Phosa said. "Now we must bring it into line with other departments and harmonize." Eish, this is the best run Dept! What are they going to do, issue more G. bonds?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The Zuma crowd is just setting the treasury up to be plundered.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The poor guy is looking stressed. I'm also wondering if he'll stay on.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i told you all what the plan is.. Zuma is going to have his own man as the Finance Minister.. Another Zimbabwe
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
To mention but a few: The Treasury delayed Eskom, Transnet capex, try to manage state owned enterprises having more "power" than the BOD's through PFMA, cut budgets of hospitals, refuse to pay bus companies he! he!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Were these organisations actually doing a good job of managing themselves?
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
maybe schbier shaik as new finance minister- im sure his health has improved in the past few days
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Fact: If Eskom was allowed to build powerstations when they recommended such move ... well crisis most probably avoided; If Transnet was allowed to build railway lines and buy locos when they recommended? Old saying two wrongs do not make one right? On your question: Who will know - nobody. Fact: Those boards cannot make decisions on many aspects without approval of dept public enterprises and national treasury.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
One last thing and then "ek gaan skaapribbetjie braai" No argument against the fact that the National Treasury did a superb job on most of the responsibilities allocated to them. They are the best we had in many years but... Mathews, I think, refer to these things!!
0 Kudos