Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ANG

theyoungster
Super Contributor
AVERAGE DOWN?? what is the forums opinion on this one at the moment? reaching new 12month lows?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if it is at 12 month lows, then the trend is frmly down. Why buy more? Why now suddenly will you be right? Buy what is going up, sell what is going down.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
evry time it reached a new low it bounced up this month not by alot but still...thats my logic OMO
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Shares can ALWAYS go lower and higher than you think........Never think you can predict the bottom or top
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
hahaha nevermind s***** that idea...why is it doing so badly anyhow?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
fell on almost no volume...so even though I am also taking strainon this share....not too concerned for now.
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Could it be the slow down in the global economy? Supply and demand...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
because it is a gold mine and gold miners have been in a down trend for about 5 years.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
metal prices came tumbling down in London on higher stock levels, which suggests that demand could be slowing.so i think you may be sot on there old chap.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
metal prices came tumbling down in London on higher stock levels, which suggests that demand could be slowing.so i think you may be spot on there old chap.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
maybe for metals in general...definitely NOT gold. Demand up 300% last month with shortages on the physical worldwide resulting in a huge price difference between traded contracts and physical buying. Gold getting walloped on euro/dollar (almighty dollar's problems seem to have simply evaporated suddenly) and oil leading it by the nose for now.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Simon, how can you make such a stupid remark, Ang was trading at 15200 five years ago when I bought 100K for my long term portfolio. I dont call that a downtrend for ANG
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Sorry, that last remark by sk was actually me HDk, I was in her portfolio to see how she was doing.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
when was the high for ANG, and other gold miners? My memory says about 3-5 years ago, so that to me says down trend since that high.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an your 5 year investment in ANG has yielded 30% odd, while stx40 did about 300% !!!
0 Kudos