Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ANGLOGOLD

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
I think the sell-off on the Anglogold and resultant drop in the share price is a bit overdone considering they posted a record profit...Methinks the biggest loser of the day will be the biggest gainer tomorrow...tends to go like that
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
costs and production the worries ..
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
I like the Methinks - methinks indestructible, even against organised institutional, central government backed crime. Inflated elephants with self-appointed God credentials. Hell and damnation awaits them all.
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Agreed but I'm sure Management have a strategic plan to sort that out...at least they are still posting tidy profits. I think a small tranch of these shares at this level is validated (OMO)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
without doubt they have a plan, everybody has a plan .. can they make it happen ?? but anyways, this entirely academic for me, I don't buy gold shares and now seriously considering adding plat stocks to that as well ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
What motivates most gold purchasers is their belief that the ranks of the fearful will grow. W Buffett
http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/02/09/warren-buffett-berkshire-shareholder-letter/
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Buffetoonery to the rescue? Methinks the syndrome belongs to a bygone era of such easy money privilege.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anglogold will rise because there is so much money supply.And the gold market is so small.I'll buy at R335.She was close,today.Anglogold has built up enormous energy on the medium-to-Longterm charts.A big winner in 2012.Trade it.Don't invest it.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
I worked for ANG for 25 years. Now retired. One thing for sure is that the new Aussie Management influences are certainly making things happen there. Look at their safety record. They are also getting their forecasts right now, which was not the case some three years ago. I agree with VI...A good time to get in for a short term punt..From a technical/engineering view point I can assure you that there is no gold company in the world that can match the skills at ANG.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
WarrenÂ’s (Buffett) been wrong for 5000 years .. it must be embarrassing Mark Cutifani .. http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page299360?oid=562153&sn=2009+Detail&pid=299360
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
ALEC HOGG: Talking about risks, Warren Buffett decided to have a go at the gold industry again, this week he wrote in Fortune Magazine thatÂ’s a valueless asset and that thereÂ’s a self-inflating bubble and that gold investors are going to be left with egg on their faces. I know you donÂ’t agree with him but why? MARK CUTIFANI: Well, firstly WarrenÂ’s been wrong for 5000 years. HeÂ’s been an astute investor obviously in a whole range of other asset classes and it must be embarrassing to get it so badly wrong in the gold sector and I think thatÂ’s on the basis that he fundamentally doesnÂ’t understand the gold sector. ItÂ’s been there for 5000 years, gold is pleasant to the eye, gold is workable in many different shapes, which makes it ideal for the jewellery sector, for example, and itÂ’s indestructible in terms of not corroding. So the reason gold is so special and has been for 5000 years, itÂ’s so different. People whoÂ’ve been brought up in the industrial age tend to think of value only in terms of things you build things with but when youÂ’ve come from cultures that are thousands of years old, they value beauty, they value art and poetry, gold is like art and poetry to those that have been in those societies for thousands of years. ThatÂ’s where the value is. Now thatÂ’s like trying to tell you why Lord TennysonÂ’s poetry is something beautiful to behold, if you canÂ’t read you canÂ’t understand where the beauty is. I think thatÂ’s the sort of conversation I think Mr BuffettÂ’s in and heÂ’s great on things that are tangible, that are hard, that bounce up and down and support industrial consumption but when itÂ’s these other less tangible things, a lot harder to describe where beauty is.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BERT SELIGMAN: "Always BUY into weakness.Sell into Strength."And of course,ANG is now below her 200-day MA.And what looks like a typical screechy Island Reversal Bottom coming.Thank you Bert.Waiting for my next Top-up(hopefully) between 320 and 325.Bert Seligman,the greatest private trader of the 20th century.Yeah,I'm a fan of a guy who consistently traded 10% of the Dow's Volume daily.Now THAT....is trading,my friends.His son,Jim Sinclair.Yup, the greatest private Gold trader alive.Fan of both.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Zarp C sends his regards.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist Le FlameGod....heh...Wishing him well on the good ship ALSI 2012.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
This is just like old times-all we need now are Org and Chartist.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and YNWA and Brazen,etc.yeah,I miss those days.seemed more fun,then.Anyhoooo.....for those following ANG,you can go to Forexpros.com and type in ANGJ and Voila !...even a 1-min Live chart.Free.Cool,huh ?
0 Kudos