Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ANYTHING TO ADD:

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Does anybody follow this company? Interesting metrics. Good fundamentals. Some interesting underlying businesses. AND now it looks to be shaping up on a technical level too. Come on Simon - chastise me for punting my book - I have a chunk of these.
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dude, everybody talks their book .. nbody talks about stocks they have no interest in ..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I went to school with one of their Directors from std 4 to std 6. I remember him being a seriously good sportsman. Not sure if that counts for anything though...
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I demand a good reprimand!
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
u must be DUHH to own threshold
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I think the letter "R" missing from the share
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Another duh comment. You just got through offering the insightful - "all of the wealthy people I know are wealthy." And now you compound it with this rapier-like insight.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You-re just touchy because of your SSK experience - so I'll forgive you that constructive witticism this time. But only this time.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Thank you,sir and if you see Kay.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
for a fee that can be arranged by Madam Dom ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Just type ****! Save those fingers for trading.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Incidenatlly the "*'s" were delbirate. I thought you might not pick this up.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Spelling not so good, boy.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Spelling perfectly fine - typing a bit poor. But a better situation than your logic which isn't so good, boy.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Let's see where the market ends; and I might take you up on the leather whips and all.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Threshold, gotta say I am a bit puzzled in your interest in this stock. It has extremely poor returns - and you are a avid punter of high ROCE / ROA stocks, if I interpret your strategy correctly. Moreover, if you look at its historical performance, it has never been a high return company - maybe in 2004, but even in boom years that was not repeated. Sure it is a NAV play, but a quarter of their assets consist of debtors, so even the NAV is not really a discount. And speaking of those debtors - this company has no cash, and generates very little cash - even in the boom years - it was draining cash. So it can't even really be considered a recovery stock - because recovery implies that it was great once, and is on the path to achieving greatness again. Just MHO, it flagged on my NAV watch - while looking for Piotroski candidates - but it never made it out of those filters either.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
There have been specific historic challenges. However: they have some interesting underlying assets. In light of what has been going on in Japan their motor division might come into its own. Brenner mills was bought way cheaper than the valuation placed on the milling divisions of BRAIT and AFGRI's attempted acquisition as far as I can see. HOSAF should also come into its own now that its only competition has gone bust. There is a voracious appetite for polymer to pruduce packaging. Even the synthetic thread is climbing due to the collapse of Egyptian cotton producers. KAP also controls some very nice brands in SA through Jordan. I like the concentrated ownership structure here. Daun and Steinfohh effectively own the company. Also - she has completed massive capex programmes. She is rapidly paying down debt. If you look past her current working capital - she actually generates pretty decent cash.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
AND then there is this - due to a variety of macro factors I think the age of the diversified industrial may return. They have been out of favour for 20 years now. I am trying to commit a couple of bar to this theme. I like the "additive" approach to building value. So I guess I am backing the abilities of Jooste, Mouton and Daun here. From the directors that brought you STEINHOFF, PSG, CAPITEC... now showing at a cinema naer you. In any case they are up 70% from my entry level.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
eish, it is still a bit thin. They have a lot of world cup contributions in last year's PET results, and their brands are rubbish - 4% margin on a well established brand like bully beef? Bench mark that against Tiger brands, for example. Maybe the proverbial captains of SA industry can turn this around - I just don't think it is for me though.
0 Kudos