Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ANYTHING TO ADD:

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I am not concerned with: Glodina, Bull Brands, MOSSOPS, Wayne Plastics, United Fram. They certainly do have a value. BUT I'm not about to build an investment case around them. I'm interested in FELTEX, FUTURIS, CARAVELLE, BRENNER and HOSAF. The brands and ditribution rights I am referring to, however, are housed in Jordan: ASICS, TOMMY HILFIGER, PHAT FARM, KEDS, BRONX, ANTON FABI, OLYMPIC, ONITUKA TIGER. AND SA production licences for NIKE, PUMA and ADIDAS.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The thing here. SKAAPTJOP, is that I am trying to find the next "runner." I have in the past - and they have given me the bulk of my returns. I am just struggling to find companies that offer a potential growth path going forward. Since I am looking at small companies, I cannot commit more than a certain amount to each - so I need a little variety. My peeve with KAP (and its Ilk) is the 4000+ workers. They have dumped a thousand over the last couple of years though - so that helps. And then there is the fact that they are very much a part of SA INC.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- Threshold, I too look constantly for the next stock/ sector that will kick into life. Resources pretty much exhausted, Bank's I'm avoiding, construction a bit iffy - general manufacturing industrials maybe the way to go. Which one though ? - very elu
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why would you say resources are iffy? BHP on a PE of 11, Kumba 11, Exx 12, these are on the cheap end of the JSE, and only stand to benefit from any rand price reduction. And Kumba is giving you a 7% dividend (although for some reason, analyst consensus now has it at a sell
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The only resource counters that interest me at the moment are: ARM, OPT, ARQ (odd one out but sector relative choice.) That is from an nvestment perspective. If commodity prices hold then BIL and ANGLO are great stocks I am sure - but would rather hold a PFG for returns (and not suffer the gut-wrenching volatility.) Ultimately - how much can a R1,5 trillion and R440 billion company rise?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos