Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

APN very volatile

gareth01
Regular Contributor
Share price has come back from levels of R97 and over the past month to yesterday close of R91-35. And today, all the way down to R89-30...why the big sell off?? Yes, a relatively expensive share (p.E), but I would assume it to have one due to its defensive nature.. Any thoughts in the short term?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Russ
Super Contributor
I think it's a buy around 8900 (88.50 even better if it gets there).Long term support here plus share is oversold.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
beware if 4th stage base stocks.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Hi, please explain this term?? Not known to me.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Without reading the article, I think what he is trying to say, is that if a stock is not moving in a general market uptrend, then you can expect a caning if the market turns down for a correction
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
It has now really been badly sold off....stochastic. Hopefully can settle around R87-25.....well I hope so!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja, but what is your upside on this - price was firmly rejected previously
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
As a stock moves through an uptrend, it corrects or consolidates for certain periods. These pauses are what we call bases. The first and second time a base forms, the stock typically is not widely known to the investment community, and breakouts from these early bases tend to be successful. But by the time the stock reaches its third or fourth base, more investors are aware of the company and, historically, the stock is more likely to end its uptrend. How do you tell which stage base a stock is in? First, each base has to be at least seven weeks long and each must set up at a higher price level than the prior. A stock has to be up at least 20 percent from its most recent pivot (buy) point to mark a new-stage base. (If a flat base forms right after a cup or double bottom-type base, count the flat base as part of the larger base.) When a stock collapses so much that it undercuts the lowest point of its prior base, that's the time to start counting bases again. http://investdaily.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/677/~/how-can-i-determine-if-a-stock's-chart...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Without reading the article...........
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
finally some decent upside....so i guess that base price falling is over?? Well i hope so...bled somewhat the last few days
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
looks like support has held with the market so aggressively up. RSI has given a buy continuation divergence on daily chart. bought at R90. never argue with Mr Market, might see 33300 on the Alshare.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Aspen is a buy at 88 believe me just believe me
0 Kudos