Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AQUARIUS

sak
New Contributor
Do any one know why AQUARIUS price drop with 35%
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
rights issue
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Additonal securities listing. So more shares divided by current market cap = lower share price
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
So what happens with the shares that one may have ? Do we get additional shares ? Basically can one explain how this will work
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you'll get NPLs that you either have to sell or pay to convert into AQP shares .. they expire so don't dawdle ..
video at http://www.justonelap.com/webinarDetail.asp?intWebinarID=23
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks what are the terms, like price or expiry date
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Can someone please explain : Terms of the rights offer are that shareholders will be offered two shares for every one held at a price of R2.41 requiring an outlay of R4.82 per share held if they do not wish to be diluted.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Although a shock, this is old news. Refer to SENS 07/04 AND 15/04. They are issuing shares to cover approx 58% of the $300mil convertible bonds due next year. Some pertinent points from the rights offer is "976,206,906 new common shares to be issued", "A$0.25, 14 pence, or ZAR 2.41 per Rights Issue Shares(depending upon the register on which the shareholder holds its common shares)" and "Ratio in which the securities will be offered- 2 Rights Issue Shares for every 1 fully paid common share held". A final decision will be taken on 15May as I understand it.Typical of AQP management, they are being pro-active in dealing with the debt issue now rather than wait till next year although there is still a further $128mil bonds too deal with and I don't quite understand why they made the rights offer so cheap. Either way, as Simon says. when the NIL's get issued act right away. I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
As I understand it FEK, for every one share you hold, you will be offered a furthr 2 shares. So, if you follow your rights, you will end up with 3 shares i.e R4.82 + (what you paid for the 1 share lets say R7.50) i.a.w. R4.11 each.
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
Can one expect a good buying opportunity in 3 days time ("3 day rule") or is it not applicable to this situation?
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
i.m.o not applicable since valuation has not changed. What annoys me is that their were 2 full trading days since the announcement yet did not see the shorting opportunity. Hands up anyone who did?
0 Kudos
IAM
Contributor
But what are the implications of the rights offer on your short?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
short wouldn't have worked as you would have to deliver the NPLs to the market you sold to
0 Kudos