Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ASASBW - Standard Bank please explain

Rovert
Super Contributor
I dont get it, this morning the weekly decay on this warrant was 5% ...now this afternoon it is 4.22%? How does this work, can someone at SBK please explain?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
becasue time decay changes and we update daily ..
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
Yes i understand that but surely decay increases relative to the days to expiry ; not the other way around ? If i took a snapshot of the buy/sell at 10am this morning and compare it to now ; with the same underlying share price; there is a 1c difference...something doesnt add up
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tiem decay is a factor of tiem value and days until expiry, but it is also not linear, so get higher as expirey nears .. snap shoot, I don;t understand how time decay figures in that comment, theta is an over night issue ..
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
Ok so are you saying that it is possible that time decay can be 5% this week and 2% next week ? ; you are saying it is possible that time decay can rise and fall as we approach days to expiry ? What i was trying to get to with the snapshot is that i recall sellers at 19c this morning when the underlying was R120.50 ...Sellers are now 20c? But this time decay issue is important...it affects decisions as to how long its viable to hold. In this case, time decay went Down....is that possible?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
time decay can change from day to day ..an with a warrant closish to expiry and some what out the money .. it will be more volaytile .. and tiem decay can go up or down .. and it has not effect intra-day, only over night ..
0 Kudos