Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

About Amibroker?

Ruby
Contributor
Those who use Amibroker, did you purchase it through Amibroker.net or sharenet? Do you have to subscribe to sharenet or others to get the price info, or is there another way of downloading it? Just wanna know the best way of going about this before purchasing.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is cheaper if you go direct via the US. Downloads cheaper via us using Investor Data at R90 per month. An at teh end of the day it's all the same product so price is teh issue.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You might as well go thru Sharenet. They'll send you a disk - overnight, usually, that is up to date. You can download from Amibroker but as you will still need an end of day download service, like Sharenet, you might as well go to them in the first place. And you get a disk as a backup, which is useful.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
bwabwawa, OK me an gravey have different ideas. you can make your own backup disc after downloading, shirley?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon's take sounds better. Go his recommended route.
0 Kudos
Ruby
Contributor
Thanx, I checked Investor data out yesterday, is now R115 per month. I thought they might be a better option for future aswell since they support other sofware too. I'll do all my research and decide. Just wanted to make sure that I'm not maybe missing something.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
agree with Simon. I bought it from net, as was a couple hundred cheaper (probably mostly cos no VAT). i use sharenet for daily downloads though.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
hello all. With Sharenet you get local support (FWIW) and you can get a 15-year EOD data historical database. I used them and I'm still happy.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Just a question once you have bought ambibroker do you have to renew license every year or is it a once off price.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
once off payment and no renewal fee. you get 5 free updates with the initial fee. After that you have to pay for these. Am not sure what the conditions are if you buy from sharenet. However if in SA i would go with sharenet for the support they give. Less hassle and have someone to call if have problems. OMO
0 Kudos
Ruby
Contributor
Seems as if sharenet has a good deal. Only thing is they talk about version 3 standard and on Amibroker.net they have Amibroker 5.0 and option to buy professional. But nice deal on sharenet including the historical data. Nobody using Investor data for downlaods? They seem a bit expensive.
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Downloaded Amibroker off the net (cheaper) and use Investor Data - quite happy with my set up. Then again, I have not had to deal with amibroker as the system has not given me any hassles......YET! Investor Data are a breeze and quite helpful via e-mails.
0 Kudos