Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

About pain - the real stuf

SKALA
Super Contributor
Just been catching up on the forum's happenings and market moves. I read about the pain of some traders and investors. I also had "some pain" been in hospital since 03 Feb, got out yesterday, 18 days later after a suposedly minor prostate prosedure. Well 2 "minor prosedures" later and interesting pain levels, I feel abolutely F-all for all your investment pains. You have my simpathy, but tough luck and poor trading!! Me on the other hand, played no role in the cause of my pain. So stop whinning and take it with a smile.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
richardw
Super Contributor
Hey - I guess Voodoo dolls work! Expect to be back in hospital around...oh...2pm. :)
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Kidding obviously - I think none of us would have preferred your week to ours!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Skala sorry to hear that..what was the problem.. Cancer?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Hi John; still waiting for results, but unlikely. Suppose just an age related thing, not that 52 is old.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Well Skalla I really hope it works out..let us know.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Hi Skala,hope you feeling better today.I guess lying in a hospital bed for a couple of weeks gives you a different perspective on life.Like most other things,we don't appreciate our health until it's gone.Get well soon!
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thank you. Ja, it just reminds you about our mortality and actually how fragile the human body and mind can be. But had a few very close calls with death before in my line of work and that sets the tone for the way you live and handle people. Also just affirmed my attitude towards taking risk; any risk; that is have no fear. So shorted AGL today.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
SKALA congrats on getting out - I must say that I too have been convalescing in hospital (and their various procedures) for a while, so as far as pain goes, the market is minor! I hope you are well on track to recovery!
0 Kudos