Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Abuzz;

john_1
Super Contributor
What can you tell me about ANS on altex seems to be one of the few share that it rising in this market you gotta pay attention to that!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
ABuzz
Super Contributor
It's not a bad one. My main concern with it though is the company's heavy reliance on government spending to generate business. Yes, whilst Spoornet is spending billions on upgrades and the defence force is also continually spending money, there is not a sufficiently wide range of customers for their products. On the plus side I think leading edge technology shares are good and obviously with their empowerment credentials they are well positioned, add to that their long stable performance record and you have a solid company. Their share price has appreciated nicely from listing at R 1,00, however because of their "newness" to the market, I think they may still drop off a bit in the short term (back to below R 1,50)until they are "setttled in" and them start a climb again - which will probably be slow but consistent, unless they can introduce some wow product, or can increase their narrow target market.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
I like the share as well. I share Abuzz concerns as well. Hardly any competition in their industry so reliance on 1 customer factor is mitigated.. Also looking to buy at R1.50.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Abuzz I knew I could rely on you, But since I am being lazy, What is it they actually sell.
0 Kudos
Trader_x
Contributor
designer of defence monitoring and control systems
0 Kudos