Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Acl

Not applicable
Would it be wise to go long on this share? Or should i wait for it to break resistance @ 93? Is the recent rally which was based on thin volumes misleadng?All the articles I have read indicate that the outlook for steel is rather grim,and I was rather confused as to why this share is going up instead of down,if any1 can comment it wud be highly appreciated..btw happy new yr awl.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Would not go long here, but rather just buy the underlying share, I know your gains are not as quick but at least you know it will go up eventually.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Are you long or short
0 Kudos
hs
Regular Contributor
Very long
0 Kudos
Not applicable
very very long
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very long???please xplain,why??
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Study and understand the MACD Histogram tool - very usefull. The latter indicates that market is becomming more bullish and less bearish on this stock. Zero line just crossed on weekly chart with EMA 12,26,9. Expect resistance at R97.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So you saying that this stock is gona head for 97??if it breaks the resistance than it could be headed into the 100s??so it would be wise to go long on this stock??Where do u think GFI is headed?? would it be wise to short @ 93??
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Nobody knows for sure where a stock is headed, lest we all would be billionaires. The best advise we can give is to learn to study technical analysis, have a good understanding of fundamental analysis and the local and global economies - throw that all into your pot and be guided by the clues given. None of it is an exact science, nor are any outcomes guaranteed.
0 Kudos