Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Advanced AmiBroker Lessons. Anywhere?

dookie
Regular Contributor
Anyone know where one could find some intermediate - advanced lessons on AmiBroker? I can do the basic charts and add indicators etc - but see that there are all sorts of options for back testing, modifying formulas etc. I don't want to do anything too hectic.. but being able to plot a line of 3x ATR would be handy - for a case in point. It also doesn't have the ROM indicator and being able to program that in could be nice too. I concocted something similar to ROM from the price oscillator. I'm afraid the site help isn't, well - too extensive... The good Mr Janezko (I think) whose baby Ami is, is also better at languages with words which have lots of successive consonants... so I guess the definitive English text book is going to be a little way off stil. If you can recommend anything - please do tell! Tank you!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
I've got the Amibroker ROM and ATR somewhere. Will search & let you know.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Got it. What's your email address Dookie?
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Open up the help file and look at the Amibroker scripting language (I think it is called AFL). That will show you how to add something. Or go here (http://www.amibroker.com/library/) and look at examples.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Ay... V. Thanks. That's very sporting. dookie resides on the net at [email protected] (they didn't allow email addresses starting with numbers...)
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Thanks. Will do. I've got the AFL section and am going through it :-)
0 Kudos