Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Advanced HEALTH

kwagga
Super Contributor
Lol - SBK really making a hash of this one. First I get a 100% allocation of what I wanted. Then a different allocation. Then I sell some excess (the rest will be kept in my long term portfolio). Then all of a sudden everything is gone. What the hell SBK ?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon, simple economics, demand vs Supply. OST really messed up. this reduce the supply in the market. In the absence of supply and if demand continues to grow stronger, share price will be going higher.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
you actually exploit these ineffiencies in the market. (excuse the spelling, as i am in a meeting)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Maybe, this is actually a blessing in disguise.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmm, so a guess .. ok
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol. i am like the economists,like Chris Hart and Co
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
You got your supply and demand wrong .. OST actually reduced demand as clients couldn't trade online ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Speculators that used OST platform to subscribe for the IPO could not sell thus reduced activity, thus less supply.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
on the sell side which if anything helped the price pop and is now putting pressure on the price
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
The response in the present environment to an IPO like this makes me wonder - When I see this sort of scrambling I WONDER whether this is just another sign of a market where the band has actually packed up its instruments?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
OST has sort their issues out, price is relatively stable at R1.40
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
OST has sorted their issues out, price is relatively stable at R1.40
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
I would argue that, in fact, an IPO for a company (not a property company, but a real operating business) that pops so nicely on listing is actually a sign that the band is just starting playing. I think the success of this IPO will encourage a whole bunch more listing and so the music is starting playing here...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Key is to jump onto the bandwagon, party with fellow OST forum members (after all, i do consider us a diverse family) and at the right moment, you jump off just, before the bandwagon violently shakes off excess visitors
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
agreed, you don't panic at the first pop and this is our first pop in about 6 years ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I am out, all sold average about 131c ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
somebody is (was?) sitting heavy on the bid at 139c ..
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@simone, what you mean by the first pop?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos