Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Advanced TA course in Cape Town,All involved say I.....I....!!!!

Not applicable
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
I must say, the intro course was much more useful. All they teach you is the momentum line used in conjunction with 50MDA and 200MDA. The rest of course is used as 'computer literacy' course. I was rather disappointed. Complete waste of money... :( But ignore me, you guys make up your own minds and take all you can get from it... the more you learn the better...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dunno, dude, found it quite useful meself. Thing is, no course, textbook or guru is going to take you to the edge - it's a cumulative process. Reckon we need more courses - but a few closer to me own place would be nice. Had ter drive in this sucking weather all for the privilage of hearing ol Yonatan speak.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
hey wumpus, i thought it was meant to cover backtesting your own models, etc. Did it not cover that either?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Personally, I found the course too similar to a longer term swing trading system. One that involves just looking for perfect signals all round before executing a trade...
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
yep Wumpus, I agree. The intro is much more valuable. I figure the second course would be better if they placed less emphasis on lining up the perfect set of triggers, and more on money-management and trade size. And evaluating risk/reward on a trade once a signal is given.
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Been on both Yonatan's and Colin Abrams' of "the market" courses and I would advocate Colin's even tho far more expensive. Very comprehensive and covers more than you'll ever need. Brings a sense of calm and steadiness to one's trading. Of course, Trading in the Zone is also a must!!
0 Kudos