Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Advanced warning!

john_1
Super Contributor
I have not had more than 1 hour uninterupted sleep in 2 days and I am pissed off about it. So expect me to be a ***** today.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
JDT
Regular Contributor
O, the joys of being a dad!
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Love it when a plan comes together! Pisses me off to no end when I hear of new parents who have children that sleep through the night after a month or so!
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
Get p!ssed - I've had 3 that slept thru from almost week 1 - but then again girls are more relaxed than boys... :-). John, bad news is that it gets worse before it gets better...and then when you think its all settled..! Hate to say it mate but between the children, the pets and the odd intruder, a goods night rest is something that we all dream off (no pun intended) LOL
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Mines fine until about 4h30. Then he makes sure everyone is awake. When I leave at 6h30 he promptly goes to sleep again.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
John, they only sleep through from about ages 3 to 12. Then you sleep through from when they leave home to get married.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I don't care if they are awake, as long as they don't wake me up. The question I want to know is why they expect to be entertained by your presence at 4am.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Feeling Marginally better... Kids out the house and just had more than the legal level of strong coffee. Missed the gap close though. So now have to be patient to make the daily bread.
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
Because you entertain them at 4am! We used to check 2 things: 1) if nappy is dry, 2) temperature. If none of these, back in bed and scream as long as you want. Took us 3 weeks (of hell) before he slept though... and he still does.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
the little insomniac is cutting his front teeth, so there is a reason.. not a good one but one none the less....
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
That's a tough stretch - Good luck! Get some foam earplugs from the Pharmacy. At least you can use it as an excuse not to have heard him and let the wife get up. ;)
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
John John John ... didn't you study the charts about babies before you made that investment???? Long time to go and doesn't get better.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
that sounds to me like yor WEZ investment Maggie, But at least mine will get better and pays Dividends
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
John John John .... who ever told you it would get better and there would be dividends???? I can always sell WEZ and cut my losses but I am afraid with children it doesn't work that way. Even if you move house and don't tell them, they just keep turning up ... my advice, just increase your stock of cheap red wine which tastes expensive ... LOL. And remember what Brigham Young said 'We should never permit ourselves to do anything that we are not willing to see our children do'. Now isn't that a depressing thought for the day!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The answer is medication - for you, not the kid.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
we are already on the pharmacy watch list for stopain abuse.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Get the big stopayne tablet - and place one in your shoe - then at least you won't have another baby.
0 Kudos