Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Advice Needed

Not applicable
Hi guys, sorry has nothing to do with trading. I have time share at Champagne sport resort in December and have had a good offer for this from a USA company - weeklytimeshares.com. The problem I have with this is that I have to pay a fee of 5k for security, have had a look at their web site and looks ok but the payment of the fee is what's worrying me. Have any of you sold there to an overseas buyer and if so does this sound right???
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
Hang on, not sure i understand this... you have timeshare in Dec in drakensburg right? no what? do you want to sell it to this company? why would you want to pay them enything? unless i guess, you are looking for time there?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They have a buyer thats looking for timeshare at the resort
0 Kudos
Not applicable
gut feel says be carefull of a scam, but in saying that, i have to admin that i havenot looked at their website yet. is this fee an administration fee or something?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Sounds like BS, you must pay a deposit to sell what you own???? Is there anything else you want to sell, I will only charge 2k retainer!! ;))
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I had listed me timeshare through them in last year and had a call for them last night saying that they have a buyer intristed in it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seems so, both parties have to put down this fee
0 Kudos
SpanSpek
Occasional Contributor
Have education in being scammed. Do not pay them anything. You are selling! Tell them that you donot pay to sell, they can take their fee from their client.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Quick search gave me the following: Investment Property Solutions is listed on the Better Business Bureau for Florida as having an unsatisfactory rating. The business classification is "Timeshare Resales/Vacant Lot Resales" and what it says it does is - "This company offers advertising and marketing of properties for sale through internet publication and the pooling of marketing resources." It doesn't buy timeshares, it is yet another listing operation. The underlying company is as above. Doesn't sound like a first choice - or second
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Was told about a scam in Uzbekistan, took 3 years to set up and cost 2mil USD, the cons walked out with 8bil USD
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
I agree, buyer should pay all cost. Sound like one those scams where the deal falls through just after you pay them, and they keep your fee- legal stealing if you sak me.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Run boet, run far away from them.
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
The timeshare model is obsolete and has been overtaken by fractional ownership worldwide. Take care and don't part with any money -this screams of scam.
0 Kudos