Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Advice on strategy for long term investing

louisg
Super Contributor
Ah JJ....... you becoming a bore. I said average investor. What interest are you on about? 18,2% a year for 20 years is plenty.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Reminds me of the Standardbank Ad I heard on radio recently: "Let us help you invest through online share trading"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john .. during that 20 year period inflation was around 8% .. and that 18.2% was buy and hold .. so only a one off up front cost, hence real wealth was created ..
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Initially investing may be boring, but once the dividend flow starts, compound growth kicks in. Investing = placing a glass under a leaking tap, it fills quicker than you think and there is no waste. Trading = placing a glass under a fully opened tap, the glass never really gets full, and usually more ends up out than in the glass. I enjoy trading SSF's to satisfy the gambler in me, but the bread and butter comes from investments. As I stated on a previous occasion, I know and have met many wealthy investors, something i cannot say about the other camp.
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
Think i'm quoting ghuru done marketing for SATRIX; best way to get rich out of JSE is to own; as much of it as possible, for as little as possible, for as long as possible.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
been in this game a while-buy a good share on bad news.sell or exit a bad share on good news.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
been in this game a while-buy a good share on bad news.sell or exit a bad share on good news.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Oops. You know what I meant. At that moment in time, I was shorting Naspers and SAB. That was last week. Buy High and sell low. I dont usually do this unless I am shorting. Otherwise. That was last week. Still shorting SAB though
0 Kudos