Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

African Dawn

platsak
Super Contributor
How is this possible? Juggling the books we get net asset value of 46c from 146 od. Isnt that why auditing firms get the big bucks. Or do they simply get the books to refect the wishes of the current Directors.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
Surely this constitutes fraud? "accounting errors" who is responsible and who should be held accountable - would like to see some directors do some prison time and face the music to Buba!!!!
0 Kudos
niemand
Contributor
Honestly, after all the f**kup's (enron, worldcom etc etc) these accounting firms really need to check what they are doing...What real use are they?
0 Kudos
Stifler
Contributor
niemand - are you an idiot? How can you make statements like that - get back to mowing some lawn or something.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It would be pointless to get out now. lets hope something drastic happens!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can still loose 100% from here ..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Reply to Platsak only.You once asked me about smaller coal shares,which would give an entry into the market.Well in my opinion only i think at the price of 36 cents ,one cannot go far wrong with Firestone at the moment.The share might have legs.I remember reading the other day that some one that worked for Anglo was appointed to lead operations.I cannot remember in what capacity though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Info is in here Barry!!!...
http://www.miningmx.com/news/energy/wallington-to-head-firestone.htm
Wallington left Anglo Coal in May 2008 "to pursue his own interests" after apparently falling out with Anglo American CEO Cynthia Carroll, who replaced him with former Gold Fields CEO Ian *****erill.
who is also history...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That should read ready_your_weaponerill..
;}
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Jimmo for the info.As an aside i see Peter Major is also getting sick and tired of SC.She should feel at home with *****erill as that what she seems to make of every situation she is invlved in!
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Thanks Barry for the info. I will check into it. Also thankyou to Simon. Sensible thing to do with adw is to pull the plug even at great loss.
0 Kudos
niemand
Contributor
Howzit! How can I make such a statement? Are *you* serious? Anyway, enough of this.
0 Kudos