Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Not applicable
Just wondering...How old are all you traders??!
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Not applicable
I'm 28, which I am guessing is about 4 years older than you. Correct?
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
14....and a half
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im 19..
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not bad for a 19 year old to make 370k out of 200 in a month. Keep it up!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanx..Im still learning...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am not a short term trader, more long term, but i am 26... making the most of the compounding effect of dividends and long term holdings, started investing with the first money i ever earned a few years ago.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Im 30. Had a couple of false starts trading (read lost it :) ) My longer term investments are primarily in precious metals and I hold physical as opposed to paper.
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
51 and a newcomer. Bad start - just can't stay out of commodities and hurting badly! Common SOL go baby go!
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
i m 49-my interest started when i was 16 via my brother- and a book called think and grow rich- at present i own a retail store and a rental property - i prefer real business - however i am in for the long pull-so shares are part of a days work-preferblly shares are for the long as i can make more money in my store trading goods where the real wealth lies-i have'nt made bucks trading but from investing.i am simply not convinced as yet about trading shares although i have been the many seminars.My evaluation always lies in the question that' if it so good why are they selling it'?
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Hi...Im 35, with brown hair and green yes.... I just love........??? (ooops wrong website)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no not at all do continue...no one else saying anything more interesting...by the way where have all the interesting people gone?
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Chartist that would ahve hurt had I any feelings :)
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Wow! Am I the only one old enough to remember a time when there were no computers, no digital calculators, no cell phones. True: I finished matric and tertiary (technical) college without ever touching a digital calculator - used a slide rule. How many forumites have ever heard of such a device, never mind used, an ANALOG calculator, which is what a slide rule is. Hope to reach three score next month. Trying to learn trading, thought my age was counting against me, but I am still slightly in the green after a couple of years trying. Been doing better than some of the youngsters, probably because I am super cautious, cannot afford big losses.....
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
AGE 56 self employed since i left school.As last years competition shows age and cunning, far out way youth and education.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
13, Day-trader coz my daddy doesnt let me log on at night.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I like Pina Colados and walks in the rain. . . and anyone who says their age ends in a 9 is a liar. I'm 39. No really.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
69 is a great age
0 Kudos