Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Agony Aunty

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Only found a saash in Australia.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
No, up in Asia, landlocked country where the wind blows 24/7. So flying kite is cool, gives you time to adjust your emotions and gives you freedom of discision with very little consequinces.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
My tuppence worth - stay single, once bitten, twice shy - it's not worth the pain.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Never say DIE !! I been there thrice
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Thrice!!!! Two times more than I want to do that masochist thing...DIE unfortunately that only happens to the lucky few, wealthy widows I mean..LOL
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Twice more than I wanted, but I did make the first mistake
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Saash, get over this one first. Allow yourself time to heal, enjoy being alone for a while. Then start looking. If you start trading really well, you wont have the time for someone else. And if you trade futures well, you wont even have a libido, let alone spend time on this chat forum or facebook. I lost some friends due to futures. I kept my phone off cos the sms's said "your position will be closed out". whew!!! I hated thinking of any position. lol
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
be like warren buffet invest long term - best time is in crisis- look personal inventory again- remember when you remarry you tend to marry the same person - sit and analyze your relationship meltdown
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Thanks everyone, I feel a need to clarify that I am not looking for revenge or a new relationship. And this didn't start last week. I like to get out, and am looking for people to get out with, cos its ***** doing things alone. I have friends, yes, but not enough single ones. So girls, you can look me up too. For those who think you can't find me, I'm there. Limit search to "my network" if you're on the SA network. Ummm, yes John, divorce can be cheap, but not when the estate is complex and there is no way to agree what's fair ...... I was actually looking for a lawyer, and some advice from those of u who been here & done this (so thanks for that). Anyway, a forum of people with common interests is still a good place to start rebuilding. I've been here a few years now, so some of you should feel like you're getting to know me a bit.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol, Cherry. I don't trade at night, dunno 'bout u?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ya Saash I feel your pain, the thing about marriage is you get the friends and the family and the goldfish..you start out by loving/ shagging some oke and one day you look and your lives are just so inta connected you need to pay some shark lawyer to unwind the hole thing...I do think that in an antinuptual contract It should be stated that both parties should have equal access to a lawer so if husband hires some oke for 20 000 an hour then the wife should get the same for her lawyer...I will make sure thats in my daughters antinuptual.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Saash, newish in forum so dont know you that well. Sorry to hear about it. What area are you in SA. My wife is a Attorney in JHB but does not do divorce but has a friend who is a bulldog at divorces though.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Hi Saash, I left you a message on facebook. I hope it'll be Okay.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Being a lawyer myself I must take on a common misconception. The R2000/hour so called hot shot Attorney cannot really do more for you than any good litigation Attorney. At that price however chances are he will overconsult. Remember we have a so called no fault system. Exept in extreme cases the court do not care who did what in the marriage or who is to blame for the breakdown. Once reconciliation is no longer on the table its best to get to a settlement as soon as possible. Remember that there is no rule that the parties cannot try to decide on division of the assets on their own. You can still communicate better with your ex than the lawyers can or will. Never take the stance of "he or she can get everything". Such generosity will only make you glow until the ex has a new person in his or her life.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol, that's funny John. My dad's a guy who takes advantage of vulnerable women, and he taught his daugters how to always be a little smarter than they are. I've always appreciated that.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
also let him have the house...its your largets liability( if you have a big fat bond..you take every thing else..THE REAL assets.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Wow,all this free legal advice.No wonder you're platsak.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Thanks. lol. The 40 page counter plea resulting from the overconsulting sure is intimidating though!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hi John. How old is your daughter? Does she meet my three criteria? Can I meet her??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
tell him your busy getting your nails done could he please send through the bullet point version.
0 Kudos