Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Aint trading just peachy

Maddog
Regular Contributor
Well as of today All my profits have been wiped out that i made from the 1st Jan 2007 and im actualy 5K down on my capital me think i might have to convert all to cash and sit this sick little puppy out for a while
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
asylum
Super Contributor
Yeah not a great day though i think it was overdone if you ask me, you know its the same when the bull is running some shares just take off and later come back to normalise i think the same is hapening here but just in reverse. OMO
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Maddog, that's why exit strategy is the most important part of trading.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
But then you also need an on line trading system that works fast and efficiently which SFM did not provide. The call centre is the alternative but that is pathetic!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes I return to my no 1 trading rule for trading in these conditions...no overnight positions.....no matter what
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Simon no truer word said I did not follow my own rules had a trailing stop on my long term shares of 20% and i watched MTX from being 205% up to getting out at 119% SIm from 70% up to a loss of -3% I will in future follow my rules to the letter Discipline is even more important that skill when trading....lesson learnt
0 Kudos