Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Algorithm for CLEVER guys- Please explain

Not applicable
can someone please explain the algorithm being used to trade on VOX - who has time to make bids @ 1,2,3,4 shares at a time each one at 1c lower than the next (and who then sells at the same prices - it seems to me all engineered to drive prices down by the same person using 2 separate trading accounts)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Brazen
Super Contributor
The market is run by godamned bankers forgodsakes! It's one big cesspool of insider trading and conspiracies so involved that if you understood them they'd have to kill you. Get used to it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks B , but before they kill me and I go to heaven (cause I'm not a bad banker!) is this sort of system used regularly and is "kosher" ? ITO any trading regs etc
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is illegal to trade to yourself, even via different accounts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon - but does anybody / authority monitor these sort of trades - as it seems to have been on the go for about 3 weeks by this dude / dudette - if it is one idividual (to my simple mind there has to be some sort of collusion to make it work)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oh yes, the JSE surveillance monitors in real time, in fact it is the only exchange in the world that monitors in real time. And not just trades, but also chat forums, etc. The unit is headed up by Peter Redman.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
interesting... JSE LAUNDER STEAL ANGLO SHARE TAX ILLEGAL FREE EASY MONEY TOGETHER.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
0 Kudos