Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

All share

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
above 34,000 at new all time high .. Topi still struggling, all time is 31,393 but tis only 30,505 ..
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
Not applicable
and therein lies the problem...money going into defensives and not into the resources (or do they still need to catch up?). I see this as positioning for the risk off trade that is to come.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
resources the lagger, but today they up 2.4% while defensives only +0.4% ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja seems like suckers rally to me. Not being a perma bear here as I have been extremely bullish right up to 30200 since last year but no longer.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if resources start to rally we'll see 36k or 37k in a blink .. and all that needs is some decent growth data (real or perceived and forgetting about Europe, we won't see growth there for a decade or two), China GDP number was good, decent durable goods today in US ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah so its all already in the price.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
maybe, tis just my thinking which never gets in the way of my trading ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
or so you like to think.....thats just a joke.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anyone else think the handle of a cup is forming on the 15 min?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Adjust this for the drop in the rand since the last high - and WOW! 20% higher than the previous best. And - (in line with your comment) - the realLy rand sensitive stocks have yet to join the party - resources (to wit!) Now add to that the fact that SA's manufacturing Industry is floundering and it is all the more impressive!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you should be on TV like all the other talking heads and economists. I prefer my trading without the economic BS.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Simon, all we need is the platinum sector ot make 5-10% move and that Topi gonna reach its new high in no time.. TA does show that the plats have bottomed out an is breaking out to the upside.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
looks like i will just have to stay short then.....
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Evidently you also prefer "your trading" without a profit. I would, however like to return the sentiment - you too should be on TV - on the Comedy Channel - in prime time!
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
mind the after 5pm pump..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
donty u worry bout me...worry about getting out of your long
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
plat stocks are a mess ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well you have no choice , you have to stay short because you lost so much money today, you cant sell or buy anything now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is every single thread on the forum going to get hijacked with this irrelevant dribble between Rams and Alsitrader? And is every single thread going to get hijacked by Alsitrader's myopic view of world markets? ooh boy
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it's like the good old days :)
0 Kudos