Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

All time highs 52 weeks highs and lows

sponono
Super Contributor
I have conducted some research in the last three years. If you buy at all time highs you have a 100% chance of being in the money after 12 months, if you buy at 52 weeks high your odds reduce to 67% if you buy at 52 weeks low your odds reduce to only 27%. Alsitrader can put the conclusion for us.lol.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
yeah the last time you said that about the alsi we plunged 2000 points...how can the chance be 100% if the event occured?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
on 22/5 /2008 the alsi made 52 week high...5 months later it was at 16000 losing 15000 points...it is still not bank at that level...i think you need to not just use periods in such a tendentious manner...it could cost you.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
that wasnt in the last 3 years, you seem to love accusing people of not getting their facts straight before they post.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Really now Charty, so much anger...therapy?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no i am saying they are using periods which are convenient in supporting their case but have no statistical validity or meaning. There is a difference...now we have someone who cannot count and someone who cannot read.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and the period I refer to was in the past 3 years beginning of the year in fact
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
or what about people who use one instance of something to prove a sidenote, i.e. if we took that over a 10 year period we've only had 2 crashes. hmmm 2 * stop loss vs 10 x higher returns.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so it was a 52 week high and as such supports the above stats ??
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Now now Bonzo try not to get so angry with yourselves.
0 Kudos