Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alright guys - let me know if anyone else is feeling my pain!

Not applicable
Taking strain here! Anybody else.....
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Electrox
Super Contributor
YES!! MTX is biting me in my **s. I really wanted to get out yesterday, but there are too many factors that said hold. now come the regret.. large volume today from the bears
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thought I'd bought low @ ~R25.00, from then it's just went pear shaped...ouch!!
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
my exit stradegy was yesterday price of 21.70. emotions got in the way and so cancelled my stop loss. simon are you doing the tech course on the 19th?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not sure Simon - good question! If it closes below R20, then I'll review tomorrow morning - I think has solid support around 1950c. At this stage, I'm down from around R21.50c. The company has so much potential and everytime MTX at these levels, have proven to be decent buying opportunity. Difficult call!
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Man down......... what's up with MTX seems like we were all glad about yestur. increase but did not see the sharp fall today, what's next?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
i think 19 to 19.50 is where it should hold its support if it does break through that suport the next major support is at around 14.80 and thats a big drop cant see it going that far... but there again who knows.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If it goes that far... I'll put everything I own into it! :)
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, Yonatan Rom does our 2 TA courses.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Boys I sent a mail to DR. Roffy for advice... I'll let you know what he says lets hope he comes back with good news
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It is likely that Dr Roffey will not reply? Why should he, unless you know the man personally. I don't own MTX shares but if this instrument is in a downward trend the next support level imho is about 1500. Perhaps one has to put things into perspective as MTX was 280 three years ago. The whole market is down. I think institutions are taking defensive positions at the moment.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Lets hope he gets back, the recession is scaring everyone. You have to work for your money in this market.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
why do you need the docs advice look at the charts its all there for everyone to see he aint gonna see more than what we are seeing, come on you need to have more confidence in your own abilities to trade.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
BTTB did you initally called AMS (during the initial spiral in aug 2007) at R850. if so, you were deadly correct?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi. Wasn't me. I did buy Impala at one stage when it was about 17900. Other instruments I may have mentioned were EXX and MRF at the beginning of 2007. Pity I didn't hold those ones. :P
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
hey asylum. did you look at the chart! there is a lot of strain here in MTX. it formed a lower high(2800) on 06/11/2007 compared to 3039 on the 10/07/2007. the steam is gone. it has already penetrated support and MA is flattening out. i will go short on this. ciao
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm out guys - taken about as much as I can on this one so made my exit. Clearly broken through the support level and although a trading update is expected soon, it looks heading for R15! :(
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Also bailed out, not looking good, why the sharp fall is the question
0 Kudos