Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi 22Sept10

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Dow spiked after Fed announcement but didn't hold onto gains. All major indices have broken resistance. How's that golden cross on TOPI doing Vitorc? However, gold seems to be making higher highs each time I look at it - This seems a bit contrarian and hence I'm not quite bullish yet.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Mar-11
Super Contributor
HG, did u recieve my e-mail, subject ALSI Charts?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Yep thanks. Been using the simple chart, didn't realise there was an advanced one.
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
Any indication whether we are going up or down?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
25880 tough for now.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Today is the 4th assault on the 880 mark. According to my strategy that's one try too many. It's either busting through today or its down from here on. I'll be closed out if it busts through.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
Still got those shorts on HG??
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Yep but it's been a dud for most of the month. Not sure how I'm gonna pay the bills unless I use my last bit o trading money. SARS is slow this year with the tax refunds. Been asessed more than a week ago and still no payments. The fineprint says SARS is carefully checking banking details. Can't blame them though. My dad got a weird letter in the post supposedly from SARS. He's not sure what for but is going to SARS offices soonish to find out if it is legit.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
Ja, good old SARS... Quick to take it, not so quick to give it back! Also haven't had the best of months....My Mind's not focused!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Ever since I begun using the efiling system, payments have been made within 3 days of me submitting. It's the first time its taking so long.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
wrestling with decision to go short overnight: 25880 too strong to break, US flat, VIX refuses to continue downwards after breaking 200 day moving average.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I work on the market making three attempts to break a decent resistance/support level (forgot my reasoning behind this). If it doesn't go by the third try then the market reverses direction for a while before it attempts another breakout. It's evident that the markets energy is waning.
0 Kudos