Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi 600 pts down

Not applicable
Kospi , Nikkei down around the 10% levels.....not looking good...
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
john_1
Super Contributor
What was the news event as the DOW rallied hard into the close
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not sure there was...could be microsoft anticipation ....but the are just bear traps....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Would I be right in observing that our market is being propped up by the weak rand right now, and if it was to strengthen we would be tanking?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It is all relative, if we all tank together we are all in the same financial position. If your loses are less than others you are actually making money.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Jeeeeevs were you at the london school of economics or the Lisikisiki one!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Weak rand is killing the banks as I predicted a couple of months ago, as it is fueling inflation fears. Its helping gold slightly, and yes you're right, other resources would be hammered more if it recovers.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
On the TOP40 daily 17320 broke this morning. 16380 is just about the last support between here and oblivion. Next support down is at 12490.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
There is one sure way of catching a greedy investor and that is when they hold on to their money with clenched fists up the a*ss of their piggy banks.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
i`ve heard alot about bulls and sharks and bears lately but PIGGY BANKS, mate, what happened to you, did you go straight to the remorse level prior to frustration,lol
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
What I would like to know is what happened to the Arab pigs when they were pushing for a $200 a barrel oil price.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
dude watch your mouth! Don't come slag Arabs off just because you are dogshaait ignorant. For your info the Middle East oil producers have been cracking their collective minds to try and find stabilisation in the oil market. Don't you think they know what $200 oil will do to supply and demand? They're producing at absolute capacity you git.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey G FACE hows that long position of yours doing still in the money ?????
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Do you know why they don't eat pork? That would be considered as canibalism in their eyes.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I will be buying even if the market goes down to zero.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
GVV you need to back off on this subject and fast! Do you even realise that you're promoting hate speech? Do you understand that you can be prosecuted for making a statement like this?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Oh please nova stop being a squeal mouth when they call every one else infidels and threaten to kill.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
well with fringe lunatics like you around that shouldn't be too much of a surprise nuh?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
bliksem, forget fring, you're in outer space dude! I'll let the rest of the forum decide for themselves
0 Kudos